Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Get Ready for Lift Off



Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. – Mark Twain


I'm currently sitting in Brisbane Airport at 1:00am waiting for my flight. It's not the most exciting part of the journey, but every journey has to start somewhere.

And realistically this journey started some months ago, though I'm only setting off today. It took a lot of planning/communicating back and forth between Haydom Lutheran Hospital, myself and my medical school.

In all this time, I have yet to answer, why Haydom? Well there are a multitude of reasons, so to prevent myself developing RSI tonight I'm just going to focus on a few. And keep them short & sweet.

1. Experience frontline clinical medicine
2. Develop my skills, but give back to a community at the same time
3. Haydom seemed to have a friendly community and well managed hospital
4. Enjoy a holiday somewhere overseas before I graduate (as students we are relatively time-rich so I thought I would take advantage of it)
5. Climb Mt Kilimanjaro
6. Experience something new & exciting

Interestingly it's also given me an opportunity to try out the blogger for iOS app. Unfortunately I can't see how the posts translate to the desktop, but it's looking good so far on the mobile.

That's over and out for now. Expect the next post to be coming from Dar es salaam or Arusha in Tanzania.

0 comments:

Post a Comment